THESE ARE OUR CANDLE SAFETY WARNINGS, PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES & YOUR BEAUTIFUL CANDLES!
Failure to follow instructions could result in fire, hazard or injury.
Never leave a candle burning unattended.
Do not leave a burning candle within reach of children or pets - they may not understand the dangers of open flame and hot wax. Precautions must always be taken with a burning candle.
Some of our candles have potpourri, please ensure that ALL of the potpourri is removed before lighting the candle. Potpourri can be flammable.
Candles have an open flame, when lighting a candle you must take full responsibility for the flame and the effects of an open flame. Extinguish the flame if you believe it to be unsafe, or abnormal.
Do not move a candle if it is alight or if the wax is not fully solidified and cool. Candles have an open flame and the soy wax becomes very hot directly next to the flame, as does the jar and bowl. You could burn yourself if you attempt to move the candle.
Only burn your candle in a room that is at room temperature and does not have a draught.
When lighting your candle ensure the wick is trimmed no longer than 3mm tall. Ensure that your wick is trimmed before every burn. Leaving a burnt wick and then relighting it could cause a larger flame that could become unsafe.
Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
Do not light your candle near any flammable surfaces. Place the candle on a stable, heat resistant surface.
Never allow the candle flame to come in contact with the glass or bowl.
Do not use/light your candle if your jar or bowl is cracked, chipped or broken.
Do not burn your candle for more than 3 hours at a time. The wax and flame may become too hot. This may cause a range of unsafe situations like the bowl cracking underneath the extreme heat.
Stop burning the candle when there is 15mm of wax remaining in the bottom.
Always store your candle in a cool dry place, below 25°C and away from direct sunlight.
How to extinguish an unsafe flame:
Do not extinguish a candle flame with water. Water can cause hot candle wax to splatter. Another unfortunate effect could be that the instant cooling of the very hot bowl or jar could cause the vessel to crack, causing damage and potentially spreading the flame.
The best way to extinguish an unsafe flame and burning wax is by restricting the amount of oxygen around the flame. You must do this by either using a fire blanket (wet towel, or equivalent) or if the flame is too large for a fire blanket, use a fire extinguisher.